Sullivan’s Place: A Transitional Housing Program for Homeless Veterans
There are 46.2 million people living in poverty in the United States, resulting in the chronic homelessness of an estimated 1.6 million. Veterans comprise a disproportionate 40% of the homeless male population.
The mission of the Arizona Opportunities Industrialization Center through Sullivan’s Place is to assist veterans and their families in attaining self-sufficiency through the provision of dignified housing and supportive services. To accommodate the diverse veteran population in the Phoenix area, two houses are designed for four single males, one house for four single females, and one house for a married, four-person family. Occupants of Sullivan’s Place will also benefit from access to mentoring programs, skills training, and job placement services to help them better attain sustainable self-sufficiency
- Client must be homeless (lack the resources to obtain sustainable shelter other than emergency dwellings, etc.)
- Client must be Veterans (provide a copy of DD214 and awardance letter if applicable)
- Client must not suffer from any significant mental disorder (for safety and supervision reasons)
- Currently, the homes are not handicap accessible
- Criminal backgrounds will be handled on a case by case basis and may not be acceptable
- Client will pay a portion of monthly rent ranging from $600.00 to $800 (adjusted for annual income)
- Rental fees include utilities of water/trash and electric
- Currently unfurnished
- Two individuals per room with shared living space
- Homes are near Broadway and 7th Street
- Lease agreements are for 6 months with the option to renew for another 6 months upon review (2 terms maximum)
- Client will be involved in job trainings, career preparation, and placement assistance
- Client will obtain and hold steady employment
- Client will not bring any alcohol or overnight guests into the home
- Client will not use tobacco products inside the home
- Client will participant in Veteran Mentoring Program
- Client will be subject to regular meetings and follow-ups with case managers
After submission of filled application, the client will be contacted for an in-person interview. Further qualifications and program requirements will be discussed at that time.
Please contact Janet at email@example.com if you would like to request any marketing materials, schedule a presentation at your organization, or have application questions.